What is Child Protection Compliance?
It is the goal of Holy Spirit School to have all of our parents/guardians fully compliant – please help us make this happen!
Anyone volunteering with youth in the Diocese of Arlington must be fully compliant with the Child Protection Policy. It is all about being proactive in the quest to keep our children safe from sexual predators.
Who needs to be Child Protection Compliant?
YOU do! If you wish to do any of the following:
- Visit in the classroom for any reason
- Help with the roller skating program
- Chaperone a field trip
- Serve your required playground duty
- Spend any time in the school building during school hours, you must be fully compliant.
Anyone with the potential of being in physical contact with our children, whether planned or inadvertent, must be fully compliant with the Child Protection Policy of the Diocese of Arlington.
What does it take to be fully compliant?
- You must complete, submit, and successfully pass an online Background Check.
Instructions for completing the online application.
You will need the following:
Location: Holy Spirit School
Position Title: V12 – Volunteer (general)
* The Office of Child Protection and Victim Assistance Website to apply online.
- You must attend a Virtus seminar entitled “Protecting God’s Children for Adults”
Find a seminar and register online.
Virtus seminars are available all over the diocese and should be attended as soon as possible. The office diocesan policy says you may not volunteer until your name shows on the database as fully compliant.
Don’t wait to get this done or you may be disappointed. You may miss the class party or the field trip you did not even know you wanted to attend!