Holy Spirit School welcomes and supports our military students and their families who are being stationed at military facilities throughout the Washington, D.C. area, including: Fort Belvoir, the Pentagon, Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, the U.S. Coast Guard Station, Fort Myer, Andrews Air Force Base, and the White House Military Office.
We understand the unique needs of our military community and work with our families to ensure a smooth transition for students and their families. Our school registrar serves as the point of contact and will assist with the application process, while our school counselor is available to both students and their families during their school transition.
Additionally, we utilize a Sponsor Program for new families and work to set up new military families with established military families within our community.
We invite our Military Community, along with First Responders, to an annual Veteran’s Day Ceremony, and have a Hero Wall that is sponsored and organized by our National Junior Honor Society where students can honor the Military Heroes, along with the First Responder Heroes, in their lives.
Holy Spirit School and community honors all those who serve and protect our Nation.
Tour our School
Our faculty and staff are happy to work with your family to schedule a tour and walk you through our facility, virtually or in person. Traditionally, we offer two Open Houses, one in November and one in January. Private tours can be arranged to meet the unique scheduling needs of our families. To schedule a tour please fill out our prospective family form, call 703-978-7117 or email.
Application Process for Military Families
Military families are encouraged to use the online application found on the Application Materials page.
The following is needed for the application process and the school forms can be found on the Application Materials page:
- Completed Application for Admission
- Original and copy of birth certificate (original must be provided for review upon acceptance)
- Copy of current Immunization Record
- Copy of sacramental certificates (baptism, first communion, first reconciliation)
- Copy of current and two previous years’ report cards
- Copy of current and two previous years’ standardized test scores
- Completed Release of Student Records – this is to be submitted by parents to current school (if transferring)
- Completed Request for Information Sheet – this is to be submitted by parents to current school (if transferring)
- Proof of custody (if applicable)
- $100.00 per child non-refundable application fee
A completed application includes copies of the above listed documentation, required forms and records and a non-refundable application fee of $100.00 per child, payable to Holy Spirit School.
Once accepted a $150 non-refundable registration fee is required to hold a student’s spot for the coming academic year. Prior to the start of school, accepted students must have submit a Virginia Health Form and immunization records to the school nurse. This can be completed by current family physician and faxed, emailed or mailed to the school.