APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
(Including students eligible for an 1-20/F-1 Visa)
Holy Spirit School accepts qualifying International students at all grade levels. In order for students to begin the new school year on the first day in August, a completed application must be submitted by July 1.
A completed application includes copies of the listed documentation, required forms and records and a non-refundable application fee of $100.00 per child, payable to Holy Spirit School. Admission decisions are made once the file is complete with all supporting documents and forms.
- Completed Application for Admission
- Copy of Current Passport
- Copy of sacramental certificates (baptism, first communion, first reconciliation) (if applicable)
- Copy of Immunization Record
- Request for Information Sheet – this is submitted by the parents to the current school and completed by child’s teacher, principal or school counselor, then forwarded to Holy Spirit School
- Release of Student Records – this is submitted by the parents to the current school. The student’s records will then be forwarded to Holy Spirit School
- Completed Diocese of Arlington I-20 application form
Upon receiving an acceptance form, a non-refundable registration fee of $100 will be paid to confirm a student’s spot for the school year. The school will submit the I-20 application to the Office of Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Arlington. They will contact the family or guardian when the completed form is ready to be picked up. Once the Visa is issued, please provide the school with a copy of the student visa and I-94 form.
International students who are on an I-20 Visa must pay tuition and fees, non-refundable, in full by August 1st prior to the start of school.
Students who have traveled or resided in a foreign country for five months or more during the last three years are required to provide documentation of a recent tuberculosis (TB) skin test* result prior to school entry. A current health physical* filled out completely by a licensed Virginia health care provider and a tuberculosis screening report must be turned in upon the student’s arrival in the United States.
*Students will not be eligible to begin school until all of the above health requirements are met.
Please refer to www.arlingtondiocese.org/catholicschools/international.php for more information about the I-20 application process.