Holy Spirit School possesses the defining characteristics upon which authentic Catholic education is built. Namely, we are centered in the person of Jesus Christ; we contribute to the evangelizing mission of the Church; we are distinguished by excellence; we are committed to educating the whole child; we are steeped in a Catholic worldview; we are sustained by Gospel witness; we are shaped by communion and community; and we are accessible to all students.
Everything here begins with God. He is the reason for our thoughts and the reason for our actions. Throughout our day we continually come back to Him, making Him our reference point and from Him we find success in our endeavors.
We invite all who enter our doors to look around our school…our classrooms and hallways show Him. Listen in our school…our faculty teaches with His guidance. Feel the joy in our school…the laughter, the innocence, the scholarship, the servant-leadership of our students come from Him.
Each school year we live our mission of Inspiring Minds ~ Igniting Hearts not just in the classroom but through service to others.
- Ton of Love Food Drive benefiting Catholic Charities St. Lucy Project
- Collection of food and toiletries benefiting Little Sisters of the Poor
- Annual Toy Drive benefiting Fairfax County Police Department’s Santa’s Ride
- Upkeep of the National Junior Honor Society school garden
- Annual Pinwheels for Peace prayer service and remembrance in connection with World Peace Day
- Outreach activities for local retirement communities
- ProLife Club’s Bottles for Babies small change collection benefiting the Tepayac Center
- Community outreach via visits to the Annandale Christian Community Action – Child Development Center
- Community building 5K Spirit Run benefiting the Holy Spirit School Resource Program
- Holy Spirit School Altar Servers
- Middle School cookie baking benefiting the KAIROS cookie prison ministry
- Monthly cards for homebound parishioners
- Turkey Shoot basketball free thrown competition benefiting Catholic Charities
- Annual 7th and 8th grade dance with all proceeds going to various charities
- Food collection benefiting Food for Others’ Powerpack Program
- Classroom small change collection benefiting The Wildlife Conservation Society
- Classroom small change collection benefiting The House of Mercy
#268 “To be evangelizers of souls, we need to develop a spiritual taste for being close to peoples’ lives and to discover that this is itself a source of greater joy. Mission is at once a passion for Jesus and a passion for his people.”
The Joy of the Gospel (Evangelii Gaudium), November, 2013