Why we race…
Dear Holy Spirit Community,
Celebrating 5 years of the 5K Spirit Run supporting our resource program.
Thank you to Holy Spirit School and Holy Spirit parish families for participating in the 2019 5K Spirit Run and running, walking, or cheering others on that beautiful race day morning. We have some great photos of 142 students, families, teachers, and friends crossing that finish line being cheered and encouraged. Please see our video on the Holy Spirit School website or our 5K Spirit Run Facebook page.
We are grateful for everyone who supports us financially by becoming a sponsor, a fund-raiser or by donating to the 5K Spirit Run. Your generosity and financial support enable us to continue to expand our Resource Department. We are a five-member team of professionals who provide academic support to Holy Spirit School student with mild to moderate learning disabilities, Dyslexia, ADHD, Autism, Intellectual Disabilities and other special needs. We believe in an inclusive Catholic education and that is why we organize this 5K every year.
The Spirit Run is not just for families who receive resource support, however. It is a time for our Holy Spirit Church community to come together in Christ to celebrate our school and all its students. Our school theme this year is: “What you do for the least among you, you do for Jesus.”
I can’t think of a better year for you to support our 5K Spirit Run on May 16, 2020 at Lake Accotink, Springfield, VA. There are many ways you can support our 5K Spirit Run:
- Register to walk or run – Register at https://runsignup.com/Race/VA/Springfield/flamesspiritrun
- Become a sponsor or pass along our sponsorship information. – Different levels of sponsorship are available. See school website for more detail or contact me directly.
- Become a fund-raiser – Visit the Race page and follow the prompts to become a fund-raiser.
- Purchase a T-Shirt – Visit the Race page and follow the prompts to purchase an additional t-shirt.
- Share our Social Media – Like our Facebook Page and spread the word.
- Donate – Save the credit card fee on-line and write a Check to Holy Spirit School and put “5K Spirit Run” in the Memo
This year’s fees have changed: Children under 5 are free, runners 6-18 are $25, and all other runners are $30. You can save $5 per registration if you register before March 15!
I hope to see you all on May 16th at Lake Accotink!
Sue Gibbons, Race Coordinator